Nestled within the Poplars Precinct will be the region’s first STEM-based high school, set to be focused on creating our next generation of leaders.
The Poplars team is working closely with the NSW Department of Education and Queanbeyan Palerang Regional Council (QPRC) to link the area with the existing Jerrabomberra Primary School using a series of paths and open space networks.
A range of concepts are being explored to see how facilities can be shared and what functions will most complement each other to create a space which is more than the sum of its parts.
Poplars Developments is also working closely with the QPRC to create a collaborative Innovation Hub to bring entrepreneurs, businesses, start-ups and investors together. The result will be a strategically geared business incubator where ideas form, networks thrive, minds-meld and possibilities are literally endless. It’s hoped this incubator will also speed the growth and success of start-up and early stage businesses.
To achieve these goals, we are seeking:
- New businesses and innovators - the start-ups ready to go
- Networking events – to create a place for engagement and idea generation
- A workspace that inspires - a location for drawing people, ideas and investors together
- Investors - people with the vision to invest and drive innovation and growth
- Programs – to encourage up-skilling and mentoring
- Connection with universities, educational institutions and thought-leaders – to fuel this innovative environment
- An incubator lead figure - a champion to support the ecosystem